Saturday, December 13, 2008

a few of "my favorite things"




After revisiting one of my favorite things this morning I thought it was appropriate to compile a list of them; and since i have a blog I'm going to put them here whether you care or not (i want to put one of those sideways happy faces here, but I'm far to manly).

* Waking up early in my tent to a bitter cold morning. Frost, caused by the moisture in my breathe, has lined the inside walls and ceiling of my nylon house. I put on my cloths which have been hardened by the night. After using my headlamp to find and "adjust" all my layers I tie my boots and step out into the cold. Only then do I realize how warm it really was in my tent. The air, which i can now clearly see as I exhale, stings my lungs. And as the world sleeps i wander off into the dark.
* Praying for someone I love.
* The sound of pine needles under my boots.
* A really good stretch.
* The sound and finesse of an axe splitting logs.
* The moment you know the fire you started is going to catch.
* A really greasy burger and fries with buddies at a truckstop.
* Baptisms.
* The feeling of a rope in my hands.
* Music that's so loud its hard to breathe.
* The sound of a church bell on a cold morning.
* Jogging with a ponytail.
* "Being there" for someone.
* Picking up things that are far to heavy.
* Spending time with my brother.
* Going for really long walks.
* The satisfaction of playing catch with a baseball.
* Singing LOUD in the cars with friends.
* Not knowing what I'm doing with my life.
* Driving.
* Going to "lunch" with my graveyard shift buddies.
* Finishing a book.
* Hugs.
* Putting on clothes that just came off the line.
* Knowing I "like" someone before they do.
* The smell of "deep woods off".
* Cooking breakfast over a campfire.
* Doing what people who know you don't expect.
* Finding something I thought was lost.
* Cold duck.
* Screaming "ALLIGATOR" while looking for Thaddeus in a group of people.
* Doing something God has been asking you to do for awhile.
* Building something from wood.
* Finding out something about myself.
* Turkey legs.
* Going to Big Meadow.
* Manual labor with friends.
* Sledding.
* Laughing until I cackle. (yes i do cackle)
* Giving someone a verse when its really needed.

This is my list for now. I encourage all of you to make a similar list and see if you're not in a really good mood by the end. I look forward to reading all of your lists. :-) ok maybe just one smile

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Reading this made me smile very very large. I suppose I'll make a list now. :)

Liz.EJ.Lizzard.Elizabeth. said...

:] good work, wonderful things

luke said...

fun list :)

Jo N. said...

you have started a trend...
btw... the "finesse of splitting logs"... yeah, NICE!!